Accessorize Your Hair
Add an extra touch to your hair the next time you go out. Here are a few things you can do to take your hair from a boring blowout to blowing everyone away.
- Headbands- Headbands are making a huge comeback. Whether you want an elegant look or a wild one, there is a headband that will meet your every need. A sleek, satin gown can be matched with a rhinestone embellished headband while a patterned dress can be complemented with a colorful headband.
- Scarves- Many celebrities have been seen sporting scarves tied up on their heads. This look can be dressed up with fabrics that are more dressy, such as satin, silk, or chiffon. Pull your hair into a messy high bun and tie the scarf around your head. Tie it so the knot is slightly to one side to complete this updo.
- Bobby Pins- To make this look work, you need to use more bobby pins than you normally would. Get a color that contrasts with your hair so the bobby pins are noticeable. The addition of bobby pins will turn a casual updo into something fun.
- Braids- Braids are very versatile. One look is a low bun made out of a few small braids. Coil the braids around each other at the nape of your neck so a low bun is created. Another look is a halo. Part your hair like you normally would, and braid one section of hair on each side horizontally. Bring the two braids together with a few bobby pins in back to get the halo effect.
- Flowers and Feathers- The addition of flowers or feathers can add a dramatic touch to your hair. Whether it’s a few feathers popping out of an updo or a flower pin holding your hair back, these small accessories will do big things for your look.