Do It Yourself Facials
For a perfect glow, prepare your face a few days before your big event. Here are some easy, do-it-yourself facials that you can make at home:
- For all skin types:
- Cut a papaya into a few pieces, removing the seeds and pulp. Rub a slice all over your face, concentrating around your mouth and eyes. This fruit makes your face bright and smooth, and helps decrease the appearance of scars.
- Create an exfoliating cleanser using oatmeal. Take one tablespoon of oil and one of honey. Combine them with oatmeal and a little bit of water so that it creates a thick paste. Use this concoction to exfoliate.
- For oily skin:
- Take one tablespoon of lemon juice and two tablespoons of plain yogurt and make a thick mask that covers your face and neck. Let it dry for about 30 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
- For dry skin:
- Make fennel tea using one tablespoon of fennel seeds in a half cup of boiling water. Drain the seeds, combine the tea with oatmeal and one tablespoon of honey. Lather it on your face, and rinse off after 20 minutes. This will moisturize your face for less dry skin.
- To brighten your skin’s tone, take two tablespoons of sour cream, two tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Mix together and then apply to your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse using cool water.
Pamper yourself with these facials a few days before any occasion and enjoy soft, smooth skin.